A special feature of the path are its cross connections. In Neumühle, for example, you can walk to the opposite side of the White Elster after stage 1 and hike back to Greiz on stage 6. These possibilities allow the stages to be combined individually and as required.
Hiking on the path Elsterperlenweg® offers not only a lot of nature but also the opportunity to visit historical sights. At the northern turning point, hikers will find the 1000-year-old St. Vitus Church, the Mildenfurth monastery or the 225-year-old covered wooden bridge in Wünschendorf.
But also en route, in the middle of the wooded Elstertal, there is a lot to discover, such as the mill Clodramühle, which is still in operation, the town of Berga / Elster or the imposing river weir "Elsterwehr" in Neumühle. And further on at the southern turning point of the Elsterperlenweg®, in the more than 800-year-old residential town of Greiz, the hiking trail leads directly through the internationally known Greizer Park to the Upper Castle (with museum) and the Lower Castle with museum and the Church of St. Marien in the beautiful center of the city of Greiz.
Let yourself be inspired by the fascinating nature and follow in the footsteps of the reeves (Vögte).
- Park in Greiz
- Sommerpalais (Summer Palace) Greiz
- Upper and Lower Castle in Greiz
- Osterburg Castle in Weida
- Wooden bridge in Wünschendorf
Rest StopBauernmuseum & Museumscafé Nitschareuth
Zickra Cultural Centre
HOF Café auf dem Kulturhof Zickra
Camping & Restaurant »Am Töpferberg«
Gasthaus Zum Klosterhof
Landhotel am Fuchsbach
Museums- und Ferienhof Waltersdorf
Krug zum grünen Kranz
Safety informationPay attention to your physical condition and take appropriate quantities of drinks with you on the hike.
Tips and hintsTourismusverband Vogtland e.V.
Tel .: 03744 188860
Tel .: 03661 689815
Getting thereYou can reach Greiz from the motorway A72 (Hof-Chemnitz) via the Reichenbach exit. Then use Reichenbach and Greiz via the federal street B 94 and the public parking spaces in Greiz on both sides of the river Elster.
ParkingFor example, use the public parking spaces in Greiz directly on the shore of the Elster river.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate hiking equipment should be used for the almost 70 kilometers long path.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
- 6 Stages