Panoramic tour between Schöneck - Muldenberg - Schneckenstein - Kielfloßgraben - Kottenheide - Schöneck
Distance 34.7 km
The tour leads over the Kirchsteig in the direction of Kottenheide, along shady forest paths to Muldenberg. It is worth taking a detour to the dam with an accessible dam wall and numerous refreshment stops. The path meanders to Schneckenstein, a small place with a visitor mine, mineral center and unique topaz rock. It continues on the ridge to Mühlleithen and back down to the Klingenthal district of Brunndöbra. The famous "Sparkasse Vogtland Arena" - one of the most modern ski jumping hills in Europe - is easy to reach from here. The tour leads back to Schöneck via Kottenheide and the Wolfsbachtal.
Getting thereLeave the A72 at the Plauen-Süd exit and follow the B92 towards Oelsnitz. After about 7km leave the B92 towards Schöneck / Klingenthal.
After the towns of Görnitz, Tirschendorf, Willitzgrün and Arnoldsgrün you have reached Schöneck.
ParkingPark in the multi-storey car park at the IFA holiday park. There are also 12 motorhome parking spaces available.
33U 312035 5585347
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view