The tour leads throuh woods, from Schöneck via Muldenberg to Werda and back to Schöneck.
Distance 32.8 km
The panorama tour starts after the roundabout at the IFA holiday park and leads initially over the Kirchsteig, then along the forest paths past the Muldenberg dam. It is definitely worth taking a detour to the accessible dam wall or taking a break at one of the three restaurants. We follow the path through the village and reach the Werda dam on dreamy forest paths. We also pass Werda and drive back to Schöneck. On the outskirts, the Haselmühle leisure area invites you to take a short break. The road continues, past the market square and the church, from Schöneck towards Eschenbach. At the "Bockmühlen" we turn left into the forest path and get to the valley station of the ski lifts, cross the slope and follow the path further up to the IFA holiday park. This tour ends with the great panoramic view over the Vogtland.
Rest StopImbiss-Gaststätte Meilerhütte
Hotel | Restaurant Tannenhaus
Gasthof, Pension "Bergschlösschen"
Pension "Zur Brauschänke" ***
Restaurants at the IFA Schöneck Hotel & Holiday Park
Tips and hintshttps://schoeneck-vogtland.de/
There are numerous refreshment stops along the way:
- Muldenberg: "Zum Talsperrenblick", "Flößerstube", "Gasthof Bergschlösschen", "Haus Muldenberg"
- Schöneck: "Zur Brauschänke", "Zum Hüttenwirt", "IFA Ferienpark" , takeaway Meilerhütte, "Sportlerheim"
Getting thereLeave the A72 at the Plauen-Süd exit and follow the B92 towards Oelsnitz. After about 7 km leave the B92 in the direction of Schöneck / Klingenthal. After the towns of Görnitz, Tirschendorf, Willitzgrün and Arnoldsgrün you have reached Schöneck.
ParkingParking garage at the IFA holiday park, there are also 12 mobile home parking spaces
33U 311616 5585311
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentAlways ride with appropriate protective clothing and a bike that is suitable for the terrain.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view