J9 - Hike via the Pfaffengut to the Pöhl Dam
Vogtland - Sinfonie der Natur Verified partner Explorers Choice
Falknerei HerrmannPhoto: Archiv Tourismusverband Vogtland, T. Peisker
Afterwards, the path leads in the direction of Lochbauer. The three-sided farm, built in 1648, is home to a cosy restaurant with a beer garden. Along the way you can already see the arches of the Elster Valley Bridge. Freshly refreshed, you cross the rippling Weiße Elster over a wooden bridge. After an uphill section, the landscape offers a view of the "Vogtland Sea", the Pöhl dam. A short detour along the path takes you to the Julius Mosen Tower, named after the poet who was born and grew up in the Vogtland. After climbing the tower, you are rewarded with a magnificent panoramic view of the dam with its dam wall and the lush green Central Vogtland hilltop landscape with the Elster Valley and the Elster Valley Bridge.
When you arrive in Jocketa, you should definitely admire the Elster Valley Bridge - the second largest brick bridge in the world - before returning to Jößnitz by train, relaxed and full of great impressions.
- Herrmann Falconry (at the crossroads towards Pfaffengut turn right along Pfaffengutstraße), telephone: 0174/ 9147124, www.falknerei-herrmann.de
- Pfaffengut Plauen - Vogtland Environmental and Nature Conservation Centre (estate park, cottage garden, meadow orchard, geological rock garden, wildcat enclosure and path, plant purification plant), telephone: 03741/522897, www.pfaffengutplauen.de
- Pöhl Dam (boat trip, climbing forest, leisure and adventure garden, boat hire), Tourist Information (at the Gunzenberg campsite), telephone: 037439/ 45050, www.talsperre-poehl.de
- Triebtal nature reserve: 131-hectare nature reserve with impressive landscape and nature, wildly romantic natural hiking trail leads along the river bank - an idyll for hiking and nature lovers
- Pöhl dam - a remarkable structure with a height of 61 metres, a length of 312 metres and a thickness of 40 metres at the bottom.
- Julius Mosen Tower (74 steps, 14 metres high) on the 435-metre-high Eisenberg with a far-reaching panoramic view of the Pöhl Dam, the dam wall, the Elster Valley Bridge, the central Vogtland hilltop landscape with the Elster Valley.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Rest stopsGaststätte Pfaffenmühle
Tips and hintsRestaurants along the the hiking trail
Pfaffenmühle restaurant, Pfaffenmühlenweg 18, 08547 Jößnitz, phone: 03741/ 525772, www.pfaffenmuehle.de
Bistro am Ankerplatz, Hauptstraße 50, 08543 Pöhl (directly at the landing stage), phone: 0179/ 2438285
Landhotel Alt-Jocketa, Dorfaue 1, 08543 Pöhl, phone: 037439/6254, www.landhotel-altjocketa.de
The hike leads you first to the Pfaffenmühle, past the Pfaffengut and down to the Lochbauer - an old Vogtland three-sided farm with Umgebinde dwelling house. Afterwards you will reach the Pöhl dam. A welcome and relaxing change is a one-hour boat trip on the dam. Afterwards, you can make a detour to the Julius-Mosen Tower on the Eisenberg. There you can enjoy a magnificent 360-degree panoramic view of the "Vogtland Sea". The information boards on the tower give you orientation in all directions. Via Alt-Jocketa you will reach the "Jocketa" stop. From there you can take the train back to Jößnitz.
Public transportInformation on travelling by bus and train is available from the Vogtland Tourist and Transport Office at www.vogtlandauskunft.de or via the service telephone +49 3744 19449.
By roadJößnitz can be reached via the A72 (Plauen-Ost exit). In town, follow the signs for Greiz/Schleiz and turn right into Jößnitz on Martin-Luther-Straße after the railway bridge.
ParkingParking at the corner of Plauensche Straße and Reißiger Straße with two information boards and two benches.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- 18 Waypoints
- 18 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others