This hike leads in a circular tour on the Schöneck plateau with only a few inclines from Schöneck to the idyllic Muldenberg dam and on via Kottenheide back to Schöneck.
Distance 18.8 km
The rustling forests have a calming and decelerating effect in today's hectic times. The air smells wonderfully fresh and the view of the calm water of the Muldenberg dam is deeply relaxing.
In the small mountain village of Kottenheide, the beautifully designed village square with playground invites the whole family to linger.
Getting thereMotorway A72 from Leipzig, exit Plauen Ost, via Mechelgrün, Bergen, Poppengrün to Schöneck. Motorway A93 from Bavaria to triangle Bayrisch-Vogtland, then A72 to exit Plauen-Süd and then via Oelsnitz, Tirschendorf and Arnoldsgrün to Schöneck follow the signs for the skiing area or tourist information.
Parking600 car parking garage with large free parking space
33U 311425 5585255
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWalking shoes recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view