This hike takes us from Schöneck via Korna, Arnoldsgrün and Schilbach. It partly runs on the national long-distance hiking trails E3 and Euregio Egrensis.
Distance 13.7 km
The path runs along the Görnitzbach, which rises in Schöneck and flows into the Weisse Elster in Oelsnitz. This area is also called Neunmühlental - as nine mills once stood here. Starting with the Haselmühle, through Muckenmühle, Zahnmühle and Kornmühle to the Spitzmühle near Arnoldsgrün, most of these were in the upper section of our path. Only the tooth mill is still in use today and operated as a sawmill. The Spitzmühle is currently a residential and holiday home.
Right on the way, about 1.5 km after the start, you will find the Leuchtmooshöhle in the forest - a legendary place and former mine on the outskirts of Schöneck.
Getting thereMotorway A72 from Leipzig, exit Plauen Ost, via Mechelgrün, Bergen, Poppengrün to Schöneck Motorway A93 from Bavaria to triangle Bayrisch-Vogtland, then A72 to exit Plauen-Süd and then via Oelsnitz, Tirschendorf and Arnoldsgrün to Schöneck.
ParkingOn the marketplace
33U 310171 5585548
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWalking shoes are recommended, but no special equipment is required.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view