On this hike through Eschenbach down to Hermsgrün and on the Kammweg back to Schöneck, we overcome more than 300 meters in altitude.
Distance 17.3 km
We cross the landscape on narrow village streets, dreamy villages line our way. The Moritz-Quelle (a spring), the "Pferdekopf-Steinkreuz" or the Färberlöcher are contemporary witnesses of old stories from the Vogtland.
The Moritzquelle invites you to take a short break. You will find a wonderful view of the green forests of the Upper Vogtland.
Getting thereMotorway A72 from Leipzig, exit Plauen Ost, via Mechelgrün, Bergen, Poppengrün to Schöneck Motorway A93 from Bavaria to triangle Bayrisch-Vogtland, then A72 to exit Plauen-Süd and then via Oelsnitz, Tirschendorf and Arnoldsgrün to Schöneck.
ParkingOn the market place
33U 310170 5585549
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWalking shoes recommended but no special equipment required
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view