This demanding tour takes us, partly on the national ridge trail to Gunzen and via Oberzwota and Kottenheide back to Schöneck.
Distance 17.7 km
Through shady forests, past idyllic ponds, we explore nature, relax and enjoy the varied landscapes. Most of the path is marked in red, from Kottenheide we follow the yellow markings on the Kirchsteig back to Schöneck.
Getting thereMotorway A72 from Leipzig, exit Plauen Ost, via Mechelgrün, Bergen, Poppengrün to Schöneck Motorway A93 from Bavaria to triangle Bayrisch-Vogtland, then A72 to exit Plauen-Süd and then via Oelsnitz, Tirschendorf and Arnoldsgrün to Schöneck
ParkingMulti-storey car park or outside parking spaces at the IFA holiday park
33U 311439 5585256
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWalking shoes are recommended, no special equipment is required
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view