Comfortable bike excursion in the protection of the forests to the Rissfalls of the Weißen Göltzsch in Grünbach.
Distance 25.2 km
At the Meiler you start on a simple circuit, past the source of the red hollow. After crossing Muldenberger Straße, the route turns right through the forest to Muldenberg. In Flößerdorf, the old road branches off to the left to Muldenberg train station, which is followed. Before the train station, cycle left for about 200m in the direction of Grünbach, but then leave the street and turn into Fronweg Grünbach. Past the Grünbach train station and the Druckersmühle rest area, a little later you will reach the Rissfälle in the valley of the White Göltzsch. In Hammerbrücke, the route continues in the direction of Muldenberg, from where the tour goes back to Schöneck via the Talsperrenrundweg and Hämmerlingsweg, past the Neuwaldteich.
Tips and hintsSights: Rissfälle, Muldenberg dam, detour: Topaz rocks and Schneckenstein visitor mine, Falkenstein dam
Getting thereMotorway A72, exit Plauen Ost, via Mechelgrün, Bergen and Poppengrün to Schöneck.
ParkingPark in the multi-storey car park at the IFA holiday park. There are also 12 motorhome parking spaces available.
33U 311616 5585331
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view