Varied round tour through shady forests, past mysterious rocks to the high altitude health resort Grünbach. From here it goes to Werda, from where a detour to the Geigenbachtalsperre is highly recommended. Following the route, you pass the former Haselmühle quarry and shortly afterwards you reach the town of Schöneck again.
Distance 25.6 km
Starting at Klingenthaler Straße, turn left into the Meiler area. The tour leads past the Muldenquelle along the Muldenbrandweg. Passing the Rehhübel and the Affensteine, you reach Grünbach, where you continue further into town via Poppengrün in the direction of Bergen. About 2km before entering the village, turn left onto a small forest road in the direction of Werda. From here it is worth taking a detour to the Geigenbachtalsperre. The round trip then runs from Werda through the forest back to Schöneck.
Getting thereVia the AB 72 to the Plauen Ost or Süd exit and continue to Schöneck. In Schöneck, follow the signs to Parkhaus, Skiwelt, IFA Ferienpark.
ParkingIn the parking garage at the IFA holiday park.
33U 311610 5585335
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view