Demanding circuit in the Schönecker districts Eschenbach and Gunzen with their typical village character, but also wonderful views of the upper Vogtland.
Distance 15.7 km
From the "Alter Söll" lookout rock in Schöneck, the start runs below the church, on the left in the direction of Eschenbach. Passing the atonement cross from the 30 Years War, you pass two beautiful half-timbered houses at the entrance to the village. After a few meters, turn right uphill, where a first view of Schöneck opens up. The district of Gunzen is on the opposite side of the forest. But before the next destination is reached, the path leads through Eschenbach. On the right hand side, further and further uphill, wonderful views over the upper Vogtland open up again and again. The route runs on varied forest paths to the left into the valley of the Zwota (crossing of the railway tracks). Keeping to the left at the Oberzwota sign tree (connection to the cycle path), take the Wolfsbachweg back to Schöneck.
Tips and hintsSights: Lookout rock "Alter Söll", St. Georg zu Schöneck church, Schöneck cigar and local history museum. More information on our website: schoeneck-vogtland.de
Getting thereVia the AB 72 to the Plauen Ost or Süd exit and continue to Schöneck. In Schöneck, follow the signs to Parkhaus, Skiwelt, IFA Ferienpark.
ParkingIn the multi-storey car park or in the outdoor car park at the IFA holiday park and the tourist information.
33U 311610 5585321
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentBikes can be rented from the local bike rental shop. Contact here
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view