Easy bike tour through shady forests, past imposing rocks towards Grünbach. From here the path runs in the Göltzsch valley, past the only waterfalls in Vogtland, the Rissfalls, to Hammerbrücke. Via the Muldenberg dam, from whose dam you can enjoy a great view, you continue back to Schöneck.
Distance 21.6 km
Along the Klingenthaler Straße you drive out of town in the direction of Meiler, past the former sawmill and riding stables. At the cross-country ski trail board, the path crosses the railway bridge and turns onto the Muldenbrandweg. The path to Grünbach meanders through shady forests that invite you to rest. Via the Musikantensteig you get to the Rehhübel (787m) and the rock group of the "Kleiner and Großer Affenstein" and finally Grünbach. Connections to national bike paths are available here. The tour leads past the train station into the valley of the Weißen Göltzsch, along the crack falls and over the associated crack bridge you get to Hammerbrücke. We continue to Muldenberg to the dam, from where the circular path up to Schöneck is finally reached again.
Rest StopIFA Ferienpark
Hotel | Restaurant Tannenhaus
Bayerischer Hof Grünbach
Landgasthof & Pension "Berglandstübel"
Hotel & Restaurant "Haus Muldenberg"
Tips and hintsFrom Grünbach a detour through the Göltzschtal and to the Falkenstein dam is worthwhile. From Muldenberg, the topaz rock Schneckenstein and the visitor mine "Grube Tannenberg" as well as the mineral museum are not far away and worth a visit.
more information: www.schoeneck-vogtland.de
Getting thereIn town, follow the signs to Tourist - Info or IFA Ferienpark.
ParkingPark comfortably in the multi-storey car park and the bike tour can begin.
33U 311634 5585313
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view