The valley slopes become steeper, the valley narrower. Opposite the Spitzmühle is the village of Korna on the mountainside. From here the tour goes up to Arnoldsgrün and along the fields through the forest to Marieney, the birthplace of the poet Julius Mosen and the cartographer Adam Friedrich Zürner.
The tour runs past the church towards Saalig, where you turn left to Wohlbach. Here at the oldest church in the Vogtland, the tour continues over the Galgenberg to Gunzen (connection to the cycle path). With a wonderful view from the mountain, you can roll down to Eschenbach, where, past the Bockmühle, you reach the starting point in Schöneck.
Tips and hintsSights: Leuchtmooshöhle, Marieney with Mosen monument and Julius Mosen room, Wohlbach church, more information on our website: schoeneck-vogtland.de
Getting thereVia the AB 72 to the Plauen Ost or Süd exit and continue to Schöneck. In Schöneck, follow the signs to Parkhaus, Skiwelt, IFA Ferienpark.
ParkingIn the multi-storey car park or in the outdoor car park at the IFA holiday park and the tourist information.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.