Forest-protected bike tour starting at the roundabout at the IFA holiday park, past the idyllic Neuwaldteich, which invites you to swim in summer. Over the pre-lock of the Muldenberg dam, it goes to the small mountain village of Kottenheide. From here we follow the Mühlweg down to Oberzwota, with wonderful views of the Zwota valley. The wild and romantic Wolfsbachtal brings us back up to Schöneck.
Distance 17.4 km
A few meters after the Tannenhaus junction, on the road to Klingenthal, turn left into the forest path. Passing the Neuwaldteich, after a few kilometers you will reach the pre-dams of the Muldenberger Dam. To the south, follow the Hämmerlingsweg to Kottenheide. After crossing the road, the tour takes you on the Mühlweg through the forest down to Oberzwota. Here you can enjoy wonderful views of the Zwota valley and the Vogtland. At the crossroads there are connections to mountain bike trails of various levels of difficulty. Through the wild and romantic Wolfsbachtal, you finally get back to the starting point at the Tannenhaus in Schöneck.
Rest StopHotel | Restaurant Tannenhaus
Hotel & Restaurant "Haus Muldenberg"
Restaurant im Ferienhotel Haus am Ahorn
IFA Schöneck Hotel & Ferienpark
Tips and hintsPlaces of interest Klingenthal, Zwota: Vogtland Arena, winter sports museum, zoo, harmonica museum, gondola pond, mini golf in Kottenheide, Zwota and Muldenberg Refreshments for more information on our website schoeneck-vogtland.de
Getting thereVia the AB 72 to the Plauen Ost or Süd exit and continue to Schöneck. In Schöneck, follow the signs for the multi-storey car park
ParkingIn the parking garage at the IFA holiday park.
33U 311629 5585313
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view