The first section of the Kammloipe runs from the first part of the trail at the IFA roundabout in Schöneck to Schneckenstein.
Distance 10.1 km
The Kammloipe runs in the Erzgebirge Nature Park, Vogtland and is one of the longest, most beautiful and most snow-sure trails in Germany. A tour on the ridge trail has its special charm, well-known winter sports locations, dense forests and the expanse on the heights of the Ore Mountains ridge ensure an unforgettable skiing experience. Since the ridge is not very structured, even inexperienced cross-country skiers can use the ridge trail. Thanks to the numerous connecting trails along the entire course of the Kammloipe, winter sports enthusiasts have an almost 100 km long trail network at their disposal. At many entrances you will find parking spaces, trail houses, ski rentals and service stations. The excellently groomed trail and the wonderful winter landscape ensure a very special sporting experience. On the way you pass a varied profile with easy descents, climbs and sections for relaxed gliding. Numerous tourist and culinary offers in the places near the Kammloipe invite you to stop off.
Refreshment: Hotel & Restaurant Tannenhaus Schöneck
Getting thereVia the AB 72 to the Plauen Ost or Süd exit and continue to Schöneck. In Schöneck, follow the signs to Parkhaus, Skiwelt, IFA Ferienpark.
ParkingIn the multi-storey car park or in the outdoor car park at the IFA holiday park and the tourist information. There are 600 parking spaces and 200 spaces in the open space directly at the entrance to the Kammloipe, the Schönecker local trail network and the ski area with 4 lifts.
33U 311634 5585339
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSki equipment can be rented at the "Sportspoint" Schöneck.
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view