The small village of Schömberg, which developed from a manor house, was first mentioned at the beginning of the 13th century.
The lords of Lehma made donations for an altar at that time. The small church is located off the beaten track in an open field, surrounded by an old wall. It was already the centre of its own parish in 1336 and was not assigned to the church in Steinsdorf until the middle of the 16th century. The building, which was only recently renovated, basically consists of just an apse and the adjoining nave. It therefore represents a Late Romanesque apse hall.
For admission please call the following number: 036603 62593