The church next to the Holy Spirit Hospital, which was demolished in 1828, and is now known as the Graveyard Church (1463-1484), has been preserved as one of the medieval hospitals.
The remains of the Reeves’ spiritual landscape in Schmölln are striking. A Benedictine monastery had already been established there in the 11th century. However, it closed down, just like the Cistercian monastery, which was moved to Pforta in 1138. The pilgrimage church on Pfefferberg Hill, which had been popular in the past, was pulverized by a mob in 1525.