St Leonard’s Church in Friesau is a preserved monument nowadays. It is one of the oldest and most valuable churches in the region.
It is assumed that its roots go back to about 1200. Franconian settlers, who were already Christians, moved to this sparsely inhabited region at this time and built churches for themselves. The oldest building was apparently a choir tower church. When it became too small, the chancel, which still exists today, was built to replace the apse between 1415 and 1440. The nave was extended too.
Please call the following number for admission: 036647 22524