The taste of the Vogtland
Delicious holiday season in the Vogtland
Video: Tourismusverband Vogtland e.V.
Vogtland restaurants with regional cuisine
VOGTLAND POTATO CULTURE
You absolutely have to try these potato dishes in the Vogtland:
- Griene Kließ/Griegeniffte = green dumplings - these are dumplings made from raw, grated potatoes, traditionally served with roulades.
- Bambes = potato pancakes - grated, raw potato mass with buttermilk and spices, baked to crispy pancakes; tasty with roast meat but also sweet with fruit.
- Schwammespalken = mushroom stew - sweet and sour stew with potatoes and wild mushrooms
- Zuedelsupp = potato soup
- Erdäpfelkung = potato cake - sheet cake made of yeast dough with cooked, grated potatoes and sultanas mixed in; sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon, it tastes best when still warm.
Experience VOGTLAND potato tradition
- Gündels Kulturstall in Reichenbach not only has a potato shop, at the Kulturbauernhof you can also regularly take part in potato tastings and in autumn the popular potato market takes place. www.guendels-kulturstall.de
- The potato man accompanies young and old hikers on the "Vogtländischer Knollensteig" nature trail. On this exciting circular trail, which is about 17 km long, you can learn all kinds of things about the potato, its history and use.
- Would you like to learn more about potato cultivation and old varieties? The Vogtländischer Knollenring e.V. association takes care of the preservation of knowledge. www.vogtlaendischer-knollenring.de
- Fancy a holiday on a potato adventure farm? Then head for the Wilfert holiday farm in Unterwürschnitz. At the family-friendly certified accommodation, everything revolves around the potato, e.g. at social gatherings in the potato parlour or while enjoying the 80 varieties of potatoes grown on the farm.
Weida cake market
The sweet festival in the northern Vogtland
As a reminder, the Weida cake market is celebrated every year on the first weekend in September. At the opening, the cake women traditionally distribute home-made cakes to the spectators. The highlight is the election of the Weidsche Kuchenfrau. The contestants each have to convince the jury of their baking skills with four types of cake.
Tasteful coffee time in the Vogtland
The art of brewing beer in the Vogtland
In the Wernegrün brewery, you can learn all kinds of interesting facts about the production of barley juice during a guided tour of the brewery. In the fan shop, beer lovers will find selected articles of the traditional brand. The brewery's "Brauschenke" (brewery tavern) is a good place to stop for a bite to eat and events are held regularly on the grounds.
Farm shops and direct marketers in Vogtland
Erfahren Sie hier, wo Sie bei uns im Vogtland regionale Produkte von zuverlässigen Herstellern erweben können.
Restaurant competition Kloßvogt
About the competition
The expert and independent jury evaluated the unannounced test meals according to set criteria. The winner received, among other things, the "Kloßvogt" challenge cup.
All gastronomic establishments with at least 30 seats in the Vogtland region were eligible to take part. The evaluation criteria included: Offer of traditional, local and authentic dishes, quality and original, regionally typical ambience.
The participants in the Kloßvogt competition promise good Thuringian-Vogtland cuisine and showcase the cooking skills of the chefs and their inns in the region.
Further culinary themes
CAR-FREE – EXPERIENCE THE VOGTLAND WITHOUT A CAR
Here in the quadrangle, you can discover theextraordinary on a day trip across borders.Take it easy with the EgroNet ticket: Karlovy Vary, Cheb, Bayreuth or Hof are easily acces-sible by train. City stroll, culture, wellness – all of this is available to you.
- Tourismus- und Verkehrszentrale Service phone +49 74419 449
Holiday planning made easy
Simply order your personal copies directly here in the shop or by e-mail!
The Vogtland App - your interactive travel guide
- Tour display and tour planner
- Presentation of POIs (sights/services) and TopTips
- Event database and timetable information
- Linking to social media
- Compass display and positioning
- Offline storage and notepad
- Audio Guide