The Elstertal Bridge

The “little sister of the Göltzschtal Bridge” spans the valley of the Weißen Elster in a spectacular way.

Twelve million bricks were used to build this bridge – only about half as many as were used for the Göltzschtal Bridge, which is 10m higher and was constructed at the same time by the Saxon-Bavarian Railways Company. The Elstertal Bridge has a height of 68m, 10m less than its “big sister,” and is approximately only half as long.

On July 15, 1851 both bridges were officially inaugurated by the king of Saxony, King Friedrich August.

Gemeinde Pöhl

Jocketa - Kurze Straße 5
08543 Pöhl

Telefon: 037439 740-0

E-Mail:
info@gemeinde-poehl.de